Do you suffer from unexplained headaches, joint pain, fatigue, or other autoimmune symptoms and suspect chronic Lyme disease might be at the bottom of it? Dr. Jay Davidson might just be the expert you need!
There’s no better time to get educated on this topic, as Lyme disease is actually more common than breast cancer now and cases are on the rise. Most of us already know the importance of checking our kids (and ourselves) for ticks.
It turns out there’s more the story though … as is so often the case when it comes to health.
Chronic Lyme Disease: A Rising Epidemic
As a functional medicine clinician, chiropractor, and researcher, Dr. Jay Davidson helps people all over the world with their hard-to-diagnose cases. But there’s a deeper reason why Dr. Jay is the “go-to” guy for Lyme disease.
His wife Heather, who had battled chronic Lyme disease since childhood, became very acutely ill after the birth of their daughter. Her Lyme disease had entered the acute stage, and she almost lost her life to it.
Today Dr. Jay shares about this terrible journey (with a happy ending, thankfully!) and the treatments that restored his wife’s health. This experience became the basis for Dr. Jay’s practice and his best-selling book 5 Steps to Restoring Health Protocol.
It’s paralyzing to think about how easily Lyme disease can be contracted and how devastating the consequences are. I’m so grateful Dr. Jay is here to educate us more and tell us some things we can do to stem the tide.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- the terrifying story of how Dr. Jay’s wife nearly lost her life to Lyme disease … and how she recovered
- reasons why Lyme disease so often defies diagnosis and goes undetected
- the bacteria that causes Lyme disease, Borrelia burgdorferi, and why it’s so tricky to find and treat
- the different stages of Lyme disease, and the difference between acute and chronic Lyme
- how to protect yourself from ticks … and what to do if they bite anyway
- why ticks are not the only way to contract Lyme disease
- problems with conventional testing and treatments for Lyme (and which labs to use instead)
- why the body’s natural drainage pathways play a role, and how to support them
- co-infections that typically accompany Lyme and how to recognize their symptoms
- why a bullseye rash isn’t the only symptom of Lyme, and may mean you already have it
- how to remove a tick safely
- why not to put essential oils … or anything! … on a tick before removal
- Dr. Jay’s best tips to minimize stress and boost health and happiness in daily life
- and more!
Resources We Mention
Jay Davidson, 5 Steps to Restoring Health Protocol: Helping Those Who Haven’t Been Helped with Lyme Disease, Thyroid Problems, Adrenal Fatigue, Heavy Metal Toxicity, Digestive Issues, and More (2015)
Joette Calabrese, Protocol for Lyme Disease Using Homeopathy
Dr. Kenneth Stoller, Incurable-Me.com
Dr. Jay’s practice, DrJayDavidson.com
Ledum Palustre (homeopathic for Lyme’s)
Byron White formulas
Permethrin clothing (Note: Of course I don’t love the idea of using chemicals but I love the idea of Lyme disease even less! Maybe something to consider for outdoor lovers in high risk areas.)
Tick removing tool
Do you or a loved one suffer from symptoms of Lyme disease? What questions do you have for Dr. Jay?
Special Thanks to Today’s Sponsors
Today’s podcast is brought to you by Four Sigmatic. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen me mention them before. I have been using and loving and Instagramming their products for years. They have an amazing instant mushroom coffee.
I know it sounds weird, but hear me out! It’s not only the best instant coffee I’ve ever tried, it’s also pretty high up on the list of best coffee I’ve tried, period! It’s made with superfood mushrooms like Lion’s Mane, Cordyceps, and Chaga mushrooms. And these mushrooms have some big health benefits, plus give you energy and mental clarity without the jitters from traditional coffee.
If you aren’t a caffeine person, they also have a variety of mushroom teas and other caffeine-free products. I love them so much that I reached out and they agreed to give a discount to my listeners. So, go to foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama and use the code “WellnessMama” to get 10% off.
This episode is sponsored by Kettle and Fire Bone Broth. If you love the benefits of bone broth but don’t love the time it takes to make and how tough it can be to find quality bones to make it, Kettle and Fire is for you! Their bone broth is a regular staple in my kitchen these days, and it was what I used to create the recipes in my new bone broth e-book (releasing later this year).
So they use only bones from 100% grass-fed pasture raised cattle that are never given hormones and antibiotics. It’s also unique because they focus on bones that are especially high in collagen, which is one of the healthiest things you can put in your body. You can find them in many Whole Foods on the west coast and you can also order online at Kettleandfire.com/mama.