People run away from relationships because they’re scared of the aftermath of a breakup if the relationship doesn’t work eventually.
The fear of breaking up has prevented many people from finding true partners because they don’t want to find out what happens if they eventually open their hearts.
If you are heartbroken right now and don’t know what to do, here are some helpful tips to help you get over your current state.
1. Delete and block them from your social media page: It’s not about resentment. See your ex every time on social media will bring back painful memories. One way to get them out of your mind is ignoring what goes on in their social life where you once belonged.
2. Ease your pain by crying: Crying does a lot for you than you know. You can call a family member or friends and ease your pain by crying to them. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with getting a shoulder to cry on. This is not a time to put on a strong face.
3. Stay away from rebound sex or relationships: You’ll feel much worse afterwards because the heartbreak won’t go away, rather having a rebound reduces your self esteem.
4. Take up a new hobby: Rather than having rebounds, focusing on a new activity would take your mind off your ex. You’ll realise you think less of them as you engage in enjoyable activities that take up your time.
5. Rename your ex’s phone number: Words like ‘do not call’ or ‘ignore’ can be used in place of their names if you aren’t ready to delete your ex’s numbers. This way you can even stop yourself from sending a stinker.