I heard a soft voice behind me which says ” what are the main cause of kidney problems and how can it be prevented? I looked carefully and I decided to use this medium as a tool to pass out the information on few things or some habit people engage in that can lead to kidney problems like kidney stones or kidney diseases.
The Kidney is one of the most important organ in the body of both animals and humans for excretion, it helps to pass out digested foods out of the body, the kidney also helps to remove excess minerals like salt and sugar out of the body. The kidney is one of the active organ for excretion of waste which means you need to take care of the kidney in all ways.
I was so surprise to see a young lady smoking and drinking alcoholic drink and the funniest thing is that she was very happy. This habit of drinking alcohol or addiction to drugs are things that can destroy the kidney without knowing and if the kidney is affected, kidney transplant is always suggested by the doctor for the person to remain alive.
Diseases of Kidney such as gall stones are very serious diseases which many people don’t know because it has something to do with life, death, excretion, digestion and many more. But there are some habit we need to do away with either as a man or woman prevent causing damage to the kidney, some which includes;
1. Excessive Weight Gain: One of the habit that can damage the kidney without knowing is by getting overweight or increase in weight. Weight gain is caused by so many factors like eating too much of junks, excess fat, lack of exercise, sugar and many more.
The kidney helps to pass out digested food materials out of the body but when there are excess fat in the body, excess cholesterol or sugar, this will cause a difficulty in excretion of the toxic waste and the kidney is affected, which means it could not function properly again.
2. Constant Smoking: I have never seen or hear anything good about smoking of weed or cigarretes. Smoking is really a bad habit but many smokers seems to be ingorant of this and the federal ministry has warned that smokers are liable to die young.
When you smoke, it affects the lungs and in another way, it also affect the liver because some of the substances in cigarettes like nicotine all find their way into the stomach to form nicotine acid which is later stored in the liver which might not gain access to the kidney area for proper excretion or proper removal out of the body.
It means smoking affect the kidney and could lead to kidney transplant which is quite expensive, risky and may cause death.
- Read Also – 10 Habits that Makes you fat without Knowing
- Read Also – When to test for Blood sugar level as an adult
3. Excess Drugs Intake: Taking drugs in Excess or excessively can destroys or cause damage to the kidney and you might not know just like it does to the liver. The kidney is the only organ in the body that help to remove digested minerals, food, waster etc out of the body and if you are the type that takes too much of drugs like pain killers, sedatives, laxatives etc, you are exposing your kidney to becoming damaged.
In order to avoid getting your kidney into dysfunction or damaged, please you need to avoid taking too much of drugs or better still, consult your doctor before buying or taking any drugs.
4. More Alcohol; Excessive intake of alcohol also causes problems for the kidney but I noticed so many people don’t know this. Alcohol is a drug and it is digested and store only in the liver and passed into the kidney for excretion. If you like drinking alcohol or you are the type that enjoys hanging around with friends that drinks too much of alcohol then, this is also a habit that can gradually destroys the kidney.
Just like a blender, by the time you put much pepper than it can grind, then the engine becomes hot and with time, it get destroyed. The kidney also does the same when you overwhelm it with excessive intake of alcohol, it will slow down the excretion process and gradually, it breakdown. If you like yourself and you want to prevent any kind of kidney related diseases like kidney stones, then avoid taking too much of alcohol. This will keep the kidney in a healthy state and can never cause damage of the organ.
5. More Stress; Someone told me that her friend was diagnose of kidney related issues and she was scared because the girl does not take drugs and she does not smoke but i told that even without drugs and smoking, a fellow can still cause damage to his or her kidney if she does not rest.
Stress is one of the things that cause kidney damage or other kidney diseases and some of the things that cause stress are late night browsing, late night work, lack of sleep, lack of rest and many more. You must find time to rest because the body undergo various types of repairs during sleep or resting period.
6. Bad feeding Habit: Not feeding well or lack of balance diets can also lead to kidney diseases. I want you to be aware that kidney problems can also be associated with diabetes which may be as a result of too much consumption of excess sugar.
In Conclusion, these are some of the things we do that can cause damage to the kidney without knowing and you only need to find a way of balancing things up and avoiding excess drugs intake, drinking too much alcohol, reducing stress and do more of exercise. All these will prevent your kidney from getting destroyed and it makes it healthy. Thanks of reading.