When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself, where you can thrive, where you can find yourself next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Construction Site Superintendent- Transportation Infrastructure / LRT is responsible for actively managing construction projects at the site, for Site EHS safety and supervision, directing construction trades and resolving site conflicts with scheduling, coordination, and design, and ensuring project quality and construction industry standards are met.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Construction Site Management and Supervision
- Daily supervision and coordination of the sub-trades/subcontractors and workers
- Ensure construction industry standards are met and ensure high-quality control to minimize deficiencies.
- Ensure project materials and artistry meet project design specifications and high-quality standards.
- Ensure smooth coordination of all construction-related activities.
- Adhere to project schedule deliverables and critical path.
- Assist Project Managers in creating site plans and procedures (i.e., scheduling and forecasting resources).
- Provide resolution to project issues as they arise and communicate them promptly to Project Manager (i.e., work scheduling conflicts, work interference, errors/discrepancies/omissions in Consultant’s design drawings, project deficiencies list, poor artistry quality, etc.).
- Coordinate and direct independent testing and inspections as required.
- Document daily job reports and keep Construction Manager informed of project status.
- Other responsibilities as assigned (i.e., housekeeping, basic handyman/carpentry, etc.).
- Provide leadership and direction to safety professionals and all other site personnel.
- Ensure trades/subcontractors/workers adhere to health and safety policies, procedures, and best practices. Promote a safe work environment (i.e., site inspection, hazard assessment, toolbox safety talk, etc.).
- In the event of an accident, informs immediately according to Company procedure.
- Follows Company procedures to ensure a safe environment, personal safety, and the safety of others.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Construction, Engineering, Business, or related field. Candidates with equivalent experience may be considered.
- Health & Safety related training applicable to construction sites, including Competent Supervisor.
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive construction project management experience (i.e., urban transportation, commercial, industrial, and new construction projects). Canadian / Alberta experience preferred.
- Must be available for evening/night and weekend work
- Understanding construction industry standards and operations (i.e., construction specifications, building materials, methods, and procedures).
- Construction project management experience in a high-security environment is an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Knowledge and experience working with various tools and equipment.
- Must have experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro, AutoCAD Viewer, and Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, Project, Outlook).
- Intermediate mathematical skills.
- Team management, including assessing and providing feedback on job performance to sub-trades.
- Problem-solving / conflict resolution and sound decision-making skills.
- Ability to visualize the entire project, anticipate issues and implement solutions in collaboration with Project Managers.
- Attention to detail and precise quality control to minimize deficiencies in real time.
- Time management and organizational skills to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including active listening and interpersonal skills.
- They are going above and beyond attitude (strong work ethic).
- Work well in a fast pace and high-pressure environment.
- Exercise sound judgment
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
A full-service engineering and construction firm, we work in diverse, collaborative teams within the company and with our partners and customers to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions and to help them see new possibilities. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities and people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency.
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall well-being, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as health, vision, dental, employer-paid provincial care premiums, Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP), Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, all province observed holidays off, and gym membership discounts to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases, federal, state, provincial, or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are and how we do business and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veterans, and LGBTQ+.
We genuinely invest and care about our employee’s well-being and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest-APPLY TODAY!