Applications are open for the Government of Ireland’s International Education Scholarships 2023. Under the initiative, 60 scholarships will be provided for one year of study at the masters or Ph.D. levels to successful candidates who have an offer of a place at an eligible Irish higher education institution.
The GOI-IES scheme for 2023 aims to reflect Ireland’s engagement in target partner countries. The scheme is operated in the higher education sector and funded through a partnership between the Government of Ireland and the higher education institutions (HEIs). Scholarships are branded as prestigious awards, reflecting the core messages about Ireland as a center of international education, research, and innovation. It is expected that for every scholarship awardee, awareness of Ireland among many more potential students as a location of excellence in international studies will rise.
About the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Programme
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) is Ireland’s statutory planning and policy-development body for higher education and research. Through its international section, the HEA administers a wide variety of programs with a global focus. The mission of the department is to provide high-quality education that will (a) enable individuals to achieve their full potential and to participate fully as members of society and (b) contribute to Ireland’s social, cultural, and economic development.
Aim and Benefits of Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship
Successful students will receive the following:
- a €10,000 stipend for one year’s study;
- a complete fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution.
Requirements for Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Qualification
- open to students from non-EU/EEA countries and applies to all fields of study.
- Have a domicile of origin outside of the EU, EEA, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom?
- Have received an offer of a place in a full-time course at an eligible Irish higher education institution for either:
- One year of a taught master’s degree program
- One year of a research program (i.e., one year of a 2-year research master or a 3- to 4-year Ph.D. program)
Candidates must demonstrate the following:
- a record of outstanding academic achievement;
- excellent communication skills;
- Participation in extracurricular activities. For example: humanitarian work; politics, either local, national, or international; the arts; sports;
- a strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES aligns with their longer-term goals.
March 24, 2023
How to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Programme on webportalapp.com to apply.
Click here for a list of frequently asked questions and answers about the GOI-IES program.
For instructions on how to use the application portal, please consult our GOI-IES Application Help Doc.
Please email [email protected] for further assistance.